Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Now we're in Florence, Oregon

The evening before we left Crescent City the moon came out early and was such a pretty sight I had to share one last pic with you.  I stepped outside the motor home to snap this pic.



On the drive up from Crescent City to Florence we stopped for lunch in Coos Bay, Oregon.  We're parked on the side of the road next to the railway station on the water.  Beautiful spot except for the traffic whizzing by!

I tried to set these two photos side by side but couldn't get the blog to cooperate!  Imagine the water pic on the left and the RV pic on the right, that's what it looked like.  


We arrived in Florence, Oregon on Sunday, June 3 about 2 PM.  I almost drove past the RV park where we had reservations because it snuck up on us real quick!  This place is technically a "trailer park" but with a much different feel to it than the one at the "OK Corral" in Crescent City!  There are 6 RV pull throughs in the middle of the park, on gravel sites with full hookups.  We're in the site  furtherest from the road and closest to the wifi antenna!  Yay, finally a great internet connection!  And a laundry facility with inexpensive machines, I'm in heaven!


I took this picture about 8:00 AM this morning when the sun broke through and it finally stopped raining!  It is 8:30 AM now and it's raining AGAIN!   I can't complain too much about the rain because  when we arrived in Florence I mentioned to Mike that I hoped it would rain to rinse off the coach and the car, they were both covered in salty sea spray.  I got my wish.  In triplicate.  

The only drawback to this spot is we have a telephone pole right in front of us but hey, we've got a private yard with grass!!  The laundry and fitness rooms are to the right in this picture, that's Hwy 101 straight back on this side of those trees.  Speaking of those trees, the dang things are so tall and so thick that our XM satellite radio fades in and out whenever we are on the highway!  

The only other bit of news to report is that since we were in Plymouth, CA I have been having an issue with my right eye.  It felt like I had either scratched the cornea or something was embedded in my eye lid, either way it was uncomfortable most of the time.  I've been using artificial tears eye drops during the day and at night putting in an opthalmic ointment we had leftover from years ago.  The pain had gotten worse again when we got to Florence so on Monday morning I called an eye doctor.  They did not have a doctor in the Florence office that day so referred me to an optometrist in town.  I called and they said they could see me that morning.  The optometrist examined my eye and found an object that he said looked like an asterisk ( * ) embedded just in the surface of my cornea.  It was probably a grain of sand or a piece of pollen.  (I remember feeling something blown into my eye one day in Plymouth when we were walking Jenny.) The doctor was able to remove the object after numbing my eye then he placed a "contact bandaid" over the cornea to let it heal.  I go back today, 24 hours later, to have the "bandaid" removed.  I have to admit, my eye feels much better and the bandaid contact did not bother me at all.  

Tonight we are going out to eat dungeness crab at a restaurant on the bay.  It's supposed to be all you can eat dungeness crab.  I'll let you know how much we eat next time...





1 comment:

  1. An * in your eye?! Oh come on! I suppose it could have flown right off your keyboard because you type so fast? Are you guys picking and eating those funny NW mushrooms that grow in the local cow pastures down there?

    ReplyDelete