Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 13 - 15


Monday, May 13:  Kathryn & Tony brought my step-mom Mildred over to the coach this morning (and her little dog, too!) along with the rest of her luggage.  The drive to her home in Blairsville takes about three hours and luckily we made it through Atlanta and all the way to Blairsville without any traffic problems! 

The campground we are staying at is a County Park on Lake Nottely.  I was concerned about trees and when we got there my concerns were valid, there are a lot of trees in this campground.  Sigh.  The camp host gave me about a half dozen sites to choose from and he did suggest one site that a camper was on last week who had a satellite dish and it worked.  I looked at all the sites and decided on the one the camp host recommended.  We parked the coach and Mike plugged in the electric and I put up the dish.  It looked like we had a pretty clear southwesterly view.  The satellites locked in except for one so I put the dish back down and moved the coach forward about a foot and tried again.  Eureka!  All of the satellites locked in! 
We ate a quick lunch then I took Mildred to her house while Mike finished setting up the coach.  When I got back we took a nap and then had our wine outside looking at the lake.  Ahhh.  Camping.  Or “Glamping” which is a combination of Glamour and Camping and is more in line with what we do. 

The lake is through those trees, but doesn't show up in the picture dang it.

Later that evening Mike built a fire in the fire ring and grilled bratwurst for dinner.  Yummy!  It was a cold evening so we retired inside, turned on the electric mattress pad to warm the bed and then watched a little TV.  I told ya, Glamping!

Tuesday, May 14:  I hadn’t done laundry since a week ago Sunday so it had piled up.  I also had sheets and towels that needed to be laundered.  My step-Mom said we could do laundry at her place.  I did laundry until about 6 that evening!  It was nice spending the day with Mildred and helping her prepare dinner.  We went home tired and full. 

Wednesday, May 15:  When my father died in January of 2010 I flew from Tucson to Georgia to attend the funeral.  My parents have a one bedroom two bath home.  The living room is very large and has two sofa hide-a-beds.  Still, when the family convened for Dad’s funeral there was not enough room at the inn so to speak.  I contacted a friend of a friend and he said he had an empty house I could stay in while I was in Georgia.  Dan put me up in a very nice house in the woods not too far from my Dad’s house.  It worked well, I was able to spend time with family during the day and had my evenings to myself. 

I called Dan when we got into Blairsville and asked if we could get together and he suggested lunch on Wednesday at The View Grill on the Butternut Creek Golf Course in Blairsville.  Wow, I see why the restaurant is called “The View Grill!”  It overlooks the golf course and surrounding area.  The food was excellent as well.  Mike and I both had the “Spicy Pimiento Cheese Burgers.”  Yummy!  Here is a picture of Dan and of the view from our table:

Mike & Dan and the view!

That evening we had dinner at Mildred’s; her daughter was driving up from her house to bring Mildred some papers she left behind on Monday.  Of course Mildred prepared a fabulous dinner; roasted chicken, dressing, creamed corn and field peas.  We’re not going to get out of here without gaining a little more weight.  Sigh…  

No comments:

Post a Comment