Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday, May 4, 2012


We left Dolores at 12:30 yesterday, not quite 10AM like I wanted but close enough.  We were able to dump all the tanks (black & gray) that needed to be dumped and fill all the tanks (fuel, water & LP) that needed to be filled! 

The place where we fueled up is on the north side of Cortez and the entrance into it is kind of dicey.  There is not a real smooth entrance and on my way out the rear wheels dipped into a not so smooth spot and everything in the coach got flung back and forth!  Even Midnight the cat went for a wild ride!  She was in the new recliner/slider and as it came up and went back and forth all I could see in my peripheral vision was one unhappy cat!  Only a few things out of the cabinets hit the floor and several drawers flew open but nothing was damaged or lost.  Whew! 

The drive from Dolores, CO to I-70 was fairly uneventful.  I have been having problems with my right eye lately.  I think I may have scratched either the eyeball or the lid.  Fortunately, I had one of those shades that fit inside your glasses the ophthalmologist gives you after you have had your eyes dilated.  That helped with the glare but my eyes were starting to get tired so Mike took over driving from I-70 to just outside of Salina, UT.  Yes, Mike does get to drive once in a while. 

The park we stayed at in Salina, UT used to be a KOA, obvious by the shape of the office and that it was still listed as a KOA in our 2011 Trailer Life.  Nice little park, lots of pull-throughs so we didn’t have to disconnect the car.  One interesting thing about this place is the abundance of bunny rabbits running around.  Not wild ones, but domestic ones of all colors!  Drove Jenny crazy when we took her for a walk.  Mike took some pictures but none came out.  Dang it! 

We’ll see how far we get today.  Stay tuned!

Butch Cassidy RV Park, Salina, UT 5/3/12

1 comment:

  1. Hey, cool! We drove the "loneliest highway" last summer on our way to see you, and loved it! We stayed in Fillmore, on I-15, not far from Salina. I'm loving these updates.
    -Jan

    ReplyDelete